Looking to make a quick delicious lunch without much fuss? Well, this creamy, cirusy, wholesome prawn curry is where your search ends.
Make a delicious meal with minimal effort and fill up a hungry belly with this bowl of goodness within no time!
What you need:
1 tbsp oil
1/2 cinnamon stick
2 cardamom pods
1 small red onion (finely chopped)
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 green chilli (finely chopped)
3-4 curry leaves
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
150 g prawns (Peeled and deveined)
1/2 cup coconut milk
Juice of half a lemon
Salt to taste
1. Begin by heating oil in a pan.
2. Once the oil is hot enough, add the cinnamon sticks and cardamom pods. Let them crackle for a few seconds.
3. Add in the curry leaves, chopped onions, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste and saute.
4. Put in the dry masala powers, salt and let it cook for about a minute.
5. Add the prawns and stir well until all the prawns are coated with the masala, add a dash of water and let them cook for around 5 minutes.
6. Once the prawns are well done, pour in the lemon juice and mix well.
7. Take the dish off the stove and add in the coconut milk and stir.
8. Serve this piping hot with a side of rice and a slice of lime/lemon as garnish.