While, figs and chocolate are a well-known combination, this recipe adds a touch of ginger and cinnamon which gives this dessert and your taste buds, a much needed festive kick.
So, whether you have a house party or just want to sit by the porch eating a tart while sipping on a hot cup of hot peppermint tea, this sweet recipe is just what you might be looking for.
What you will need:
4-6 readymade tartlet shells
5-6 fresh figs
100g granulated sugar
150 g chopped dark chocolate
30 g unsalted butter
1 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp of grated ginger
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
Sliced Figs and chopped almonds for garnish
What you will need to do:
1. Begin by making the fig jam for the first layer of the tartlets.
2. To make this, chop the fresh figs and add them to a heated pan along with the granulated sugar and cinnamon powder.
3. Keep stirring occasionally and let it cook until it becomes slightly thick and pulpy in consistency.
4. Take the jam out of the heat and keep aside to cool.
5. Moving on to the chocolate. In a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate with the milk and butter until it becomes velvety smooth. Add in the grated ginger and mix well.
6. Once the chocolate mix is ready, remove from heat and let it cool.
7. When the jam and chocolate have thoroughly cooled down, take a spoonful of each and pour them into the tartlets. Adding the jam first, followed by the chocolate.
8. Garnish with sliced Figs and almonds, let it chill in the fridge for about an hour and serve.
*Make sure to cook the jam on low heat. We don’t want the sugar to burn.
* You can melt the chocolate in the microwave. Just put it in at 30 second intervels and stir until completely melted.
* Instead of making small tartlets, you can make one big one as well.