There is nothing better than the smell of a freshly baked cherry tart on a gloomy afternoon. And although most of us would love to whip out our spatulas and get baking, time is often an enemy. With 24 hours seeming like almost too less to get done with everything on our to-do list, baking a good dessert seems like quite a task.
So, how about making a delicious tart to satiate your sweet tooth, that too without all the fuss!
What you need:
400 g pitted cherries
150 g crushed biscuits
150 g almond flour
100 g melted unsalted butter
1 tsp lemon juice
400 ml whipped cream
200 g granulated sugar
What you need to do:
1. In a heated heavy bottom pan, add the sugar, lemon juice and pitted cherries.
2. Keep stirring these on low heat, until the sugar melts and the fruit softens.
3. Once the syrup is smooth, dark purple and slightly thick, take it off the heat and keep aside to cool.
4. In a bowl, mix together crushed biscuits, almond flour and melted butter.
5. Once mixed well, add this to a well greased tart pan and press down uniformly to make the base.
6. Keep this in the fridge to set.
7. In the mean while, add whipped cream to a large bowl along with 2 tablespoons of the cherry compote and mix well.
8. Add this on top of the base and keep again in the fridge to set.
9. Once the cherry compote is completely cooled, add it on top of the whipped cream and spread evenly.
10. Put the tart in the fridge and let it set for a couple of hours.
11. Top with more cherries and dust with icing sugar before serving.
* If you don’t have cherries, any other berry can also be used.