Since the mango season is still around and we have all had our fare share of milkshakes, ice creams, cakes and smoothies, why not try something different with what may just be your last batch mangoes for the season.
Inspired by the Thai sweet dish, a coconut-sticky rice with mango is exactly how it sounds. The creamy coconut milk paired with sweet, freshly cut mangos is an irresistible combination.
So if you’re up to try something new and pretty interesting, here’s how you can make it. This is not a traditional recipe, but my version of the dessert. Check it out!
What you will need:
1 cup white rice
1 1/2 cups coconut milk
3-4 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 whole mango
1/2 tsp cornstarch
What you need to do:
1. Begin by cooking the rice with water until slightly over cooked.
2. Once that is done, drain the rice and keep aside.
3. In a heated pan, pour in the coconut milk, sugar, salt and corn starch and mix well until everything dissolves. Make sure the pan is on medium heat.
4. Add the rice to this and let it cook until the consistency is like a thick pudding.
5. Take it off on a plate and let it cool down for about 15 minutes.
6. Slice and peel the mango and place it with the coconut rice.
7. Garnish with some mint leaves and serve cold.
* This dish is usually made with sticky rice, so if you can find that soak for a few hours and then steam. Once it is completely cooked, add it to the coconut milk mix.
* A touch of cinnamon also adds great flavour to the dish. You can add it if you want.
* You can also top it with some toasted sesame seeds for an added crunch.