With the ever rising temperatures and scorching heat, the chances of it getting cooler anytime soon are close to none. And while our summer dreams of clear blue skies and fun picnics seem to be turning into sweaty, messy disasters, a little something is needed to take the edge off (No. I don’t mean alcohol).
A summer favorite, neembu paani or lemonade as they call it, seems like a good way to go, but this summer your favourite drink has gotten a makeover.
This beautiful pink drink is everything you need to deal with the horrid climate, and it may not be as good as Beyonce’s album, but it’s definitely worth giving a shot!
What you need:
1 1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp cranberry juice
1/8 tsp salt
What you need to do:
1. In a pot, boil together the water and sugar until the sugar dissolves completely.
2. Add in the lemon juice, zest, cranberry juice and salt.
3. Mix well and let it boil for another minute.
4. Take the liquid off the heat and let it rest for a while.
5. Keep in the fridge to chill for a few hours and strain.
6. In a glass, add lots of ice, berries, lemon wedges and pour the pink lemonade.
* You can replace the cranberry juice with a 1 tbsp of dried cranberries.
* Adding a small peeled piece of ginger will add a little more flavour.
* You can add in less or more of salt and sugar, according to your preference.
* You can make it a fizzy drink by adding a little soda before you serve it.