These little cookies are perfect for many things. You can choose to decorate your cakes, fill up your goodie bags (considering thanksgiving and christmas are on their way), serve with tea or even just to gobble them up on their own! Here is how you can make them.
What you need:
3 egg whites
130 grams Icing sugar
A dash of vanilla extract
Food colouring (optional)
What you need to do:
1. Start by pre heating the oven to 180°c.
2. Whip the egg whites and sugar together until it forms stiff peaks.
3. Add in the essence and incorporate well.
4. Add a few drops of the food colouring inside the piping bag before adding the Meringue mix.
5. Pipe the mix through the piping bag on a baking tray lined with butter paper.
6. Put the cookies in the oven at 180°c for about 7-10 minutes.
7. Once out of the oven, let them cool and pull them off the butter paper.
8. Sandwich two cookies together with either nutella or caramel in the middle.
To make caramel at home, you can follow the recipe given in this post.
ALSO READ: Crunchy Oatmeal Cookies
* When whipping the egg whites and sugar, make sure to add the sugar little at a time. Don’t add the whole quantity together.
*The food colouring can also be added directly into the egg white mix.
*The shape of the cookies depends on your choice. The most basic are small round discs.