I personally love tarts, but baking often is a task, specially with a hectic schedule. This no-bake recipe is the perfect one for when you are on a time crunch and still need to whip up something for a party or maybe just to satisfy your sweet tooth!
What you need:
200 grams crushed digestive biscuits
50 grams melted butter
1/2 cup whipped cream
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1/2 cup cut fruits
To make the caramel sauce:
1 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Water
1/2 Heavy cream
50 grams Salted butter
What you need to do:
1. Start by making the caramel. To make this add the sugar and water in a heavy bottom saucepan and let it boil until the sugar turns colour to a slight golden brown.
2. Once the sugar is at the desired colour, take it off the heat and add in the cream while continually stirring. (The mix will bubble up, so be careful).
3. At this point, add in the butter and stir until it melts. Let the caramel cool before using it.
4. Mix the crushed biscuits and butter together. Once the consistency of the biscuits resembles wet sand, transfer it to a tart or a cake pan with a removable bottom.
5. Push the biscuit mix firmly at the bottom of the pan, while slowly pushing it up towards the sides as well.
6. Keep it in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes or until the biscuit is set.
7. In the meanwhile, mix in the whipped cream and cinnamon powder.
8. Once the biscuit base is set, remove it from the freezer and remould it. Pour in the caramel sauce and keep it in the fridge again for about 5 minutes.
9. Scoop in the whipped cream and top it off with the cut fruits or berries.
10. Dust a little powdered sugar on top to garnish.
11. Serve it cold with a little ice cream on the side.
ALSO READ: No Bake Biscut Cake
* When making the caramel, make sure to not stir the sugar when it is boiling. Only stir it once you pour the cream.
* Demould the biscut base carefully, make sure it doesn’t break or crumble.
* Add in a little more butter in the biscut mix (for the base) if needed.