It does get a little tedious to put together a good hearty meal after a long day. It is very time consuming and can be messy too. This dish however, is quite the opposite of that. It is very easy to whip up, hardly takes any time to make and tastes absolutely delicious!
What you need:
2 cups of cooked rice
1 cup of milk
1/2 cup fresh cream
1/2 teaspoon butter
Assorted vegetables (chopped)
What you need to do:
- In a heated pan, add in some oil and garlic paste. Stir for a few seconds and then add the chopped vegetables as well as some salt and pepper and lightly saute them for about a minute or two.
- Put these sauteed vegetables aside and in the same pan, add in the butter, milk, cream, salt, pepper and oregano to make the sauce. Stir this on a medium to high flame for about a minute, or until its mixed well.
- After the sauce is prepared, start assembling your dish together. In a oven safe vessel, Put your cooked rice and sauce and mix it together. Flatten it out at the bottom to form a layer.
- After your rice, add in the vegetables on top (You can also add in meat, if you like), again, forming a layer.
- Top this off with lots of cheese and maybe even crack an egg on top. Sprinkle a little more pepper on to and maybe add some chili flakes and bake at 180 degrees for about 10-12 minutes.
Voila! Happy eating! 😀
ALSO CHECK OUT: One Pot Pasta.