Tiramisu is a very popular coffee flavored Italian dessert and personally, it is one of my all time favorites. Restaurants charge a lot to serve this delicacy but here is a fairly easy recipe to make this deliciousness at home.
What you will need:
25o Grams of Mascarpone Cheese
1 Egg Yolk
4 Tablespoons of sugar
1/2 Teaspoon of Vanilla Essence
1 1/2 teaspoon of milk.
2 Tablespoons Coffee powder + Excess Coffee Powder
1 Cup water
1 Packet of ladyfinger Biscuits
What you need to do:
- Start of by mixing the egg yolk, 2 tablespoons of sugar and the vanilla essence together, in a bowl. Once creamed well, mix in the cheese and milk. Whisk until well combined. Keep this mix aside.
- In another vessel, add in the other 2 tablespoons if sugar, 2 tablespoons coffee powder and hot water. Mix that until well combined.
- In the next step you need to dip your biscuits in the hot coffee mix and line them up in a vessel in which you want your dessert to be in, making a layer of that. After which you need to add a layer of your cheese mixture and keep alternating till all your mix is over. Make sure the top most layer is the cheese mix.
- Dust and cover your top layer with more coffee powder.
- Keep this in the fridge for a few hours until set.
- Enjoy 😀
- You can use Philadelphia cream cheese if mascarpone isn’t available. The taste might differ a little bit, but that’s okay.
- If you cannot find lady finger biscuits, use any long slightly rectangular shaped biscuits. Make sure they are not coated with anything.