So i kinda came up with this recipe at 12am when i was craving for some Gulab Jamun and couldn’t get any. Its very easy to make and trust me you will barely taste any difference. Here is how you can make it.
What you will need:
5-6 Slices of bread ( Yes, You read that right)
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons of flour
1 1/2 cups of water
1 cup of sugar
What you need to do:
- Start by mashing the bread with milk and flour. (i would advise to not add the milk and flour completely. Mix in half of the quantities and if needed only then mix the other half). Mash this mix well till it comes to the consistency where you can roll it into balls and it holds shape.
- Take mix and keep rolling it into small round shapes. ( This should make 6 regular sized Gulab Jamuns)
- Deep fry these till they turn light brown.
- In a separate vessel, boil the sugar and water together till the sugar dissolves and add the cardamom and stir. Put these fried dough balls in the sugar syrup and let them soak in it for atleast 4 hours. (overnight would be the best)
- Make sure to coat the dough balls well with the syrup.
- Garnish with nuts.
- Serve hot! ❤