Churros are fried dough pastry snacks. They are very popular in places like Spain, France, Portugal, Philippines and even parts of the United states. They are mostly eaten for breakfast and obviously taste amazing! So here is a recipe on how you can make them.
What you will need:
1/2 cup of castor sugar + 1 1/2 Tablespoons castor sugar (separately)
1 1/2 Tablespoons of Ground Cinnamon
1 cup Water
1/2 Tablespoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
1 cup Flour
How to make it:
- Mix in the Flour, 1/2 cup of sugar ( Don’t add the 1 1/2 Tablespoon sugar) and the Salt in a bowl.
- Add the in the Oil and then the water in this mixture.
- Once you start mixing, it will turn into a dough. Knead it well for about 5 minutes.
- Once the dough is ready, take little parts of it and start rolling it into a cylindrical shape to the length of your finger. (Make sure the churros aren’t very thin.)
- Put these churros in a pan and deep fry them until slightly Golden brown.
- After frying these churros, Roll them in a mix of Cinnamon and Sugar ( 1 1/2 Tablespoon)
- Serve with a hot melted chocolate dip. You can also add cut fruits to serve with the churros.
P.S- You can also cut the dough into different shapes to make it a little more interesting!